July 10, 2016
RESULTS OF OUR PARISH SURVEY
for taking time to respond to our survey. A total of 466 surveys were returned. Eighty-nine Spanish-speaking parishioners responded to the survey and 377 English-speaking parishioners responded to the survey.
Over the next three years our Faith Formation Commission will be using your responses to plan sessions to address the topics you would like to attend. For this year
PLEASE SET ASIDE THE FOLLOWING DATES:
- PARISH-WIDE RETREAT: NOVEMBER 4TH (7:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.), NOVEMBER 5TH 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
- ADVENT SERIES (7:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.) NOVEMBER 21st, NOVEMBER 28TH, AND DECEMBER 5TH
- PARISH-WIDE RETREAT (7:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.) MARCH 27TH, 28TH, AND 29TH
The table below lets us know how many people would like to attend a session.
||WOULD YOU COME TO A SESSION ON THIS TOPIC?
|Why do Catholics pray to Mary?
|Why are the Seven Sacraments important in our lives?
|How can the spiritual and corporal works of mercy help me to serve others?
|How can the Bible help me journey to God?
|How can Mass become more meaningful in my life?
|What is the best way to pray?
You were also asked to identify other topics in addition to the six listed above. All of your comments were typed up, then reviewed by five lay parishioners, one deacon and one priest. Categories emerged from your comments and are presented below with examples of your written suggestions.
- What is the best way to speak with a non-believer?
- How can we bring our children (adults) back to the Church?
- MY RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
- When is the right time to embark to journey toward God? Can it be too late?
- What is sin and does it keep us from God?
- How do we overcome spiritual dryness?
- Why are saints important?
- I’m interested in learning about the stories and works that all the saints and angels did.
- ALL SAINTS CHURCH
- How can we embrace our interfaith brothers and sisters in our liturgies?
- What is the history of All Saints Church? Who started it and when? How did it grow? What’s next?
- How can we give our teens/college students practical/real suggestions and tools so they can enrich their faith while living away from their parents/family?
- How can we pass on to our children the value of being Catholic and a child of God?
- How can I be closer to my spouse through marriage?
- Why is it important to wait for marriage?
- DOCTRINES OF THE CHURCH
- What part do divorced Catholics play in the Church?
- What is the relationship between Judaism and Catholicism? What does Catholicism take from Judaism?
- COPING WITH LIFE’S PROBLEM
- How do we love others and show mercy without compromising our belief?
- How can I balance my faith and church with work, the university, dating/romance/family in these modern times? Where can I find free time?